Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Email Friends

The great thing about email is that it's so easy to share stuff.

Fun stuff.

I was having a terrible horrible no good very bad day when a couple of fun emails arrived.

My friend Yves sent an article expressing concern about the Germans. Yves is an old UPI guy who now works PR for the federal government. He is maintaining his sense of sharing and humor through a hellacious bout with esophageal cancer. He normally worries about the French or the Russians, and now he's apparently concerned about the Germans.

The Germans' sense of humor.

"My Dear Krauts: Humor Lessons for a Paranoid Nation" by David Crossland. An article pointing out the belief that Germany needs to laugh more.

I feel sure Yves won't mind me sharing the article with you. He's just that kind of guy.

Then I get another email from my daughter, Carrie, who works PR for Baylor University's Truett Seminary. Apparently, Carrie had a little free time since she just finished another successful annual Youth Day at Baylor.

And, of course, whenever she has a free moment she always emails old dad with something clever to brighten his day, knowing how Dad sometimes worries about the world situation, the Mavericks, and things like Germany's sense of humor.

Carrie sent some wonderfully funny photos proving that, indeed, the lion will lie down with the lamb, and the cat may fall for the dog.

Funny photos from a French site called Yatahonga. I'm sure the French won't mind me passing along the link.

And who knows, maybe somebody will send it to a few German friends who might need a laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home