Sunday, August 27, 2006

Excess Acid and War

Big News

Hezbollah leader Sheik Hassan Nasrallah said in a TV interview Sunday he did not foresee such a war. President Bush said, "Tell me about it!"
- "There's a lot of that goin' around."

August 28th in Fun History

Actor David Soul turns 60 today. He was half of TV's "Starsky & Hutch." And if you actually remember which half, you might want to consider getting out more often.

On this date in 1609 Henry Hudson discovered Delaware Bay. Oddly enough, the natives had fished in it for centuries, but for some reason just never bothered to discover it.

The world's first oil well came in on this day in 1859. Edwin Drake struck oil in Titusville, Pennsylvania, after drilling only 69 feet. Then, naturally, he capped the well and waited for the price to go up.

On this day in 1933 Tito Falconi flew a single engine plane upside-down 250 miles from St. Louis to Joliet, Illinois. Falconi said flying upside-down made him really airsick. He thought he'd never stop throwing down.
- Flying upside-down is a neat trick. I wish pigeons could learn it.
- Actually, flying upside-down is easy. What's hard is landing upside-down.

Love & Learn

'Tween 12 and 20 - Just what is a hero? .. Reveal friend's secret to a responsible adult .. Nobody likes me, what should I do? .. Girls just mature faster than boys .. Date, but don't go steady .. Sanctity of marriage is tops .. Virgin should maintain her high morals .. Love cannot be defined .. Your room is your castle ...

Population Growth: Experts Say Impact on Environment Must Be Addressed - U.S. population has nearly doubled since 1950, and the count is expected to hit 300 million in October, 419 million by 2050.

Video Game Reviews - "Prey" and "Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth

Shallow Thoughts

Look on the bright side. When it finally does get cooler, we'll have to find something else to complain about.

I always like to go on a picnic when I feel like I'm not getting enough dirt in my diet.

Oh, you people are lucky. I called home, and I'm not there. So unless I'm tied up in traffic someplace, I must be here.

Excess acid on today's blog was neutralized by Calvinades, the exciting new antacid tablets designed by Calvin Klein.
- Calvinades may cost a little more per burp, but believe me, you'll be glad you did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home