Sunday, August 20, 2006

Scorpions In An Air Sick Bag

Big News

"Snakes On A Plane" slithered to the top spot in movie box office sales this weekend. A sequel already in the works and guaranteed to out-stink "Snakes On A Plane" is called "Skunks In A Hummer."

August 21st in Fun History:

Singer Kenny Rogers was born on this day in 1939. Kenny achieved what every country singer dreams of: he recorded with Dolly Parton; he had enough hit songs for an exciting TV record offer not available in stores; and the greatest achievement of all -- he married a Hee Haw Honey.

The first puppet show on television was broadcast on station WOR in Newark, New Jersey, on this date in 1948. There are two categories of puppets: marionettes and dummies; and there are two categories of dummies -- Democrats and Republicans.

The Little League World Series is underway in Williamsport, Pennsylvania. It's really exciting. The losers get to play the (Florida Marlins).
- I played Little League baseball one year, but I missed the big game. I got lost in my batting helmet.
- I hated Little League baseball. My helmet was too big, my uniform was too big, my protective cup kept sliding down my pants-leg....

On this day in 1987 the movie "Dirty Dancing" opened throughout the U.S. Proving once again that since every generation thinks it’s completely different, and totally misunderstood by the previous generation, it’s exactly like the previous generation.
- Except maybe its pants are tighter.
- Or baggier.
- Your pants may vary.

Love & Learn

Points on Pets - Biting dogs a serious problem.

On Track Auto Racing - Jimmie Johnson knows how to party.

Eureka! - Discoveries for the scientifically bent. But fun for everyone. New science and trivia every week.

Pop Talk: Trevor Henthorn - A man of multiple musical personalities.

Shallow Thoughts

The good news is, as I get older, I still have it. The bad news is there's considerably more of it.

My dog ran away from home. He met someone on the Internet.

Actually, I don't care if baseball players chew tobacco. Just don't let 'em spit!

Another of life’s great mysteries is why, even though the Bible clearly states "beware of false prophets," we continue to listen to meteorologists...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home