Thursday, September 29, 2005

Okay, so Ernest Tubb was not wacky!

Friday is Do Something Wacky with a Grandparent Day.

I suppose I never really did.

Both grandfathers left before I arrived, and both grandmothers were pretty straight. Mama Hickman would cut a rug while playing the "French harp" now and then, as much a rug as one can cut playing gospel songs.

I took my Grandmother Capps to see Ernest Tubb one time. That was a little wacky for me, but she thought it was wonderful. Ernest Tubb was her favorite, because he married Jimmie Rodgers' widow, as I recall.

I really wish I had some wackier grammy memories. Maybe you can make some.

Romantic Memories

Singer Johnny Mathis is 70 on Friday. In the late 1950s, when they played Johnny's "Chances Are," your girlfriend melted all over the roller rink.

And if they played "The 12th of Never" right before closing time, she was in such a romantic mood on the way home, you didn't even have to buy her a cheeseburger.

The last time I put a Johnny Mathis CD on at bedtime, my wife winked that old familiar wink at me and went right to sleep.

Shed 100 Pounds This Weekend

Most people have hundreds of unwanted pounds around your house. Now, in just one weekend, you can loose 100 pounds or more. Ready? Click!

Today's Shallow Thought:

The new high-definition TV sets have wider screens. Wow, they can show even larger naked butts. Be still, my stomach.

Late News You'll Only Get Here:

John Roberts Jr. became the 17th chief justice of the United States on Thursday. As an indication of things to come, when Roberts was sworn in, he raised his right hand and declined to comment.

This just in. The city council has declared downtown a no-smoking area. It's a public health issue. They're afraid of exploding winos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home