Monday, September 26, 2005

National Shut Up and Let Somebody Else Talk Day

Tuesday is National Shut Up and Let Somebody Else Talk Day.

What a wonderful idea!

There are two types of people: talkers and listeners. Unfortunately, the listeners get tired of listening long before the talkers get tired of talking.

So if you're a talker, on Tuesday see if you can just shut up for 24 hours. I know you can.

I found this special observance at Trivia Today. They have important stuff like that every day.

We Must Be Filled with Laughter. It's Our Duty

I discovered the joy of laughter very early in life. I cackled constantly to the radio goofyness of Fanny Brice as Baby Snooks. And Judy Canova, Red Skelton, even Rod Brasfield and Minnie Pearl on the Grand Ole Opry.

Laughter is what I do and I want others to join in.

We were filled with laughter, and we sang for joy. And the other nations said, "What amazing things the Lord has done for them."

There are way too many sourpusses in this world who look like they were baptized in a vinegar vat. My goal is to laugh.

Find loads of family laughs at HaLife Family Fun Files, with more on the way.

Today's Shallow Thought: Why can't children sit quietly and read a book until they're 18?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home