Sunday, May 07, 2006

"I am not a cook." - Richard Nixon

Big News

Steve Nash has won the NBA's Most Valuable Player award for the second straight year. He also easily walked away for the 5th straight year with the NBA's Ugliest Hairdo Award.
- Reportedly, Steve's hair stylist is his pet monkey, Gretzky.

Be Kind to Animals Week

This is Be Kind to Animals Week, so do something nice for your favorite fraternity.

While visiting South America on May 8 in 1958, Vice-President Richard Nixon met an angry mob that pelted him with fruit, vegetables, and eggs. Unperturbed, Nixon gave his famous reply, "I am not a cook!"

An Atlanta pharmacist introduced Coca-Cola to the public on May 8 in 1886. At first, Coke was a medicinal tonic, then it became the world's #1 soft drink. So, I suppose anything can happen. Who knows, some day we all may be smoking Metamucil.

Love and Learn

Ten Great Ways to Celebrate Mother's Day - A mother's love is one of the most powerful forces in this world. Here are 10 memorable ways to celebrate her love this Mother's Day.

Big Like a Buick - There's something about a big Buick with a rumbling V-8 that suits the new Lucerne sedan and the brand. Lucerne is stylish, impressive, comfortable - and large.

Films in Focus: New & Recent Releases - Quick reviews and rating of newly released films: RV, Stick It, Hard Candy, American Dreamz, Sophie Scholl: The Final Days, The Sentinel, Lonesome Jim, Take the Lead, Thank You for Smoking, Ice Age: The Meltdown, and others.

Et al.

When I was a kid, my mother wouldn't let me stay out late. Now I'm an adult and my wife won't let me stay out late.

I sing like a bird. A buzzard.
-Ever hear a buzzard sing? Try to imagine how Bob Dylan would sound right after he ate a dead horse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home